Tuesday 17 January 2012

The Gluttonous Gardener

Those of you who follow me on twitter (@KitchenGoddess3) will know that before Christmas I won a competition with Belvoir – my prize, was three fruit bushes courtesy of The Gluttonous Gardener. I finally received the prize at the beginning of last week, so I am now the proud owner of a blackberry, blueberry and tayberry bush as part of their Berry Box! (A tayberry is a cross between a raspberry and a blackberry!)

For those of you who know nothing about the company, I thought I would write a little piece about them!








Their crates are beautifully packaged in wood wool with their logo and a gorgeous gift tag style label so you know what you have. When you open the box you find a brown paper sheet carefully wrapped with a sticker, (a bit like a lingerie box) then you find each plant is carefully wrapped and packed in straw to keep them safe! They also all come with an information sheet for each of your plants which include planting instructions, care guidelines, harvesting information, and for some of them they even had recipe ideas!

Best of all, everything is recyclable! I do love eco-friendly businesses!

However, after visiting their website I think I’m going to rescue the crate from the compost bin (I don’t think it’s made it way there quite yet) and turn it into a planter! With some plastic lining and a few drainage holes it will be a very stylish planter! (Though I think my Dad had his eye on it for kindling!)


I’m also not sure what to do with the wood wool or wax paper yet – everything is so cute I don’t want to throw it away! In the mean time we’ll just have to admire the photos!

Well I’m off to go and plant my little bushes. I’m sure in a year or so my blog will be full of blackberry/blueberry/tayberry recipes!

Until then, why not check out their website: http://www.glut.co.uk/home-page

They have allsorts from bushes to preserves! So if you haven’t ventured out into the garden for your food just yet, why not try the delicious foodie gifts others have prepared for you!

Em x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...