Monday 9 April 2012

Easter Lemon Macaroons

Happy Easter!!!OK, I’m a day late, but I can be forgiven right? Easter’s a time for family so I had to pass on the season’s greetings yesterday. But today is a bank holiday and with the extra day off work, there’s no excuse for not getting into that kitchen!
And who doesn’t love macaroons? They are the perfect tea-time treat, especially at Easter when you can shape them like Easter eggs, and colour them nice spring-time colours. (Granted I didn’t manage either of those quite as well as I’d hoped, but you get the idea!) I don’t know where the idea came from but I think it worked out quite well in the end, and my family most certainly agreed.





They are made using a basic macaroon recipe and a couple of drops of pink/blue/green food colouring. The green and blue were the least successful but the pink came out brilliantly! If you manage to get your green/blues to come out nice and bright, do let me know your secret! Until then I will have to keep experimenting...what a shame, more macaroons!

To keep the flavour nice a light and zingy I chose to go with a lemon curd centre dipped in hundreds and thousands!

Just follow the basic recipe below and decorate how you feel! Next time I’m thinking ribbons?


If you’re interested in more Easter themed tea time treats, why not check out the round-up hosted by ‘Lavender and Lovage’ and What Kate Baked over here.



Happy Easter everyone!




@Verygoodrecipes.com: Lemon, Lemon curd, Macaroons, French, Patisserie, Baking

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...