Thursday 13 September 2012

Warm Salad Series: Grilled Nectarine and Goats Cheese Salad



This is the first post in my warm salad series!
The inspiration for this set of posts came when I was getting all excited about heart and belly warming recipes that would get me through the autumn and winter months.

Over the last few days we’ve been having torrential rain and gale force winds that leave as quickly as they come. Yesterday a cloud came over the town that was so black, that you could literally see the dividing line of day light and the cloud above us. The rain fell with such force that it definitely wasn’t the heavens opening...

Nonetheless, the more recipes I came up with the more worried I got about my waist size – winter weight may be one way of keeping the frost from biting, but I’d rather just put another jumper on this year. And so the warm salad series was born!
It’s no surprise that these salads will involve some method of cooking so expect some grilling, griddling and baking.

Now for the first warm salad:




Grilled Nectarine and Goats Cheese Salad.

 
I must confess, I’m not really a big fruit eater – although I love sweet things fresh fruits just never really been my thing. When I do eat a piece or two, it’s normally dipped in chocolate so I never thought I’d be putting fruit with something savoury like a salad!

However the sweetness of the nectarine, caramelised by the grill works really well with mellow and creamy goats cheese. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...